Monday 21 May 2012

Manga Nail Art


From a tutorial I found on YouTube, I decided to make comic nail art. There was lots of preparation involved such as finding some vodka (which wasn't so hard to find), white nail polish and pages of manga. I was very sad to cut up volume 6 of Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles, but it was a cheap second hand version which I haven't got any other book for. Once I'd found small enough faces in the manga, I dipped them in the vodka and pressed the picture face down against my already painted nail. 




They turned out okay, in the end I added a small amount of nail polish remover to the vodka mix thinking that on contact the nail polish would melt a bit and the comic would fuse to my nail (in theory) in kind of worked. Anyway, here is the tutorial so you can try it out as well, and hopefully not fail miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment