Tuesday 10 January 2012

London MCM Expo May 2011

For this expo, me and Onee-chan decided to dress up as characters from Bleach, an extremely popular manga which I also read and enjoy... a lot.

Actual Soi Fon

Me dressed as Soi Fon (middle, in case you didn't realise :P)

My Onee-chan kindly made me most of my outfit, apart from the shoes, sock and hakama (those enormous trousers I'm wearing). She made me the sash, top (out of an old Ralph Lauren shirt, stylish designer cosplay FTW!), the wig and the sleeves (which were made out of leggings (ーー;) ). If I had more time (and money...) I would have bought some proper gloves and probably thinned out the wig. It was quite thick and I thought it looked too big on my head. I would also get a better bra... That one looked silly >_< ... Cosplaying someone from a popular manga is so much more fun, so many more people recognise you and want to hug and take pictures all the time. The amount of times I was stopped was ridiculous! I will definitely cosplay a popular character some time soon. I also got to meet loads of new people from the Bleach shoot and it was really fun talking to people who actually new what Anime and Manga were. Unlike most of my friends who frown upon my hobby and think I'm strange.  _| ̄|○

No comments:

Post a Comment