Thursday 12 January 2012

Steampunk Geisha

For the May 2012 expo, me and Onee-chan had decided aaages ago that we would do steampunk geisha outfits. Because we planned it so long ago we've managed to design, collect material and accessories to make it look really good and professional. We're going to go all out. I don't really see her very much because she goes to uni very far away and I don't have a car... But she came home for christmas and I got to see her then! So we painted the guns for our outfits...

Before and after shots of the guns, they were only £1 each from a cheapy shop!
Mine are the top middle and two little guns on the right image
Close-up of one of my guns I painted. We made them look
dirty by tissue dabbing them with black and a tiny bit of bronze paint

These are the goggles and mask which I will be wearing. I still need to colour 
them with bronze, gold and silver and the goggles are too big for my tiny
head so I'm going to be wearing them as an accessory attached to my belt

These are my belt and suspenders which I will be wearing. The belt is small but
the detail at the front adds a corset element to my outfit as I thought a corset
would be too much. The suspenders will be on show as my skirt is short at the front
but long at the back so their beauty shall be seen!
The parasol which is huge! I will have this with me but it's very fragile so I will have to be very careful with it... And then there are the boots I will be wearing! I love these shoes so much and they fit me so perfectly it's like a dream! They are originally sold on http://www.immenotyou.co.uk/  but I got them off eBay (^_^)
And finally this is the material which will be used to make my outfit. It's a mix of brown and gold and my wonderful Onee-chan said she would be working on it this week! I LOVE HER SO MUCH! I'm so excited!

For my hair I'm going to be wearing my black wig which I've bought a bun attachment for so I look more like a geisha. The colour is a bit off, but only slightly so hopefully no one will notice. The wig has a blunt fringe and is quite long but I've taken some of the front and stashed it inside the bun, and then the rest I've platted to make it look similar to dreadlocks (as is the steampunk way! As I did some research on the internet...). And I shall be posting pictures of it soon once I cut the fringe a bit. I have a very small head and the fringe goes into my eyes :'( .



No comments:

Post a Comment