Wednesday 11 January 2012

Deadman Wonderland

Characters from Deadman Wonderland (left to right): 
Ganta, Senji, Sukegawa, Minatsuki, Toto and Shiro

I LOVE THIS MANGA! Just saying... It's one of the best I've ever read and it's still ongoing now. It now has 11 volumes full of action, romance and gore! Best combination ever! The story is about the main character is called Igarashi Ganta who is sent to prison for being wrongly convicted of the mass murder of his classmates. The real murderer was a strange "Red Man" which keeps haunting Ganta throughout the story. The death row prison is called "Deadman Wonderland" and prisoners all wear a collar which, if they don't eat "candy", gives out the death sentence. A girl called Shiro, claiming to be childhood friends with Ganta, protects him whilst he's in prison but Ganta, greatful for her help, has no recollection of spending time with her previous to his conviction.  The plot thickens when he finds out he has a strange blood power and is sent to to Level G where he finds more people with the same power as him. I don't want to give away too much away because it's such a great story! They have recently developed an Anime to show it's amazingness to the world and was aired in Japan in April last year. So for those of you who don't like reading (which is a shame because I feel it's the closest to the original when it's in a book form, and it's a lot more gory) definitely watch the anime. The opening theme (One Reason- DWB feat. Fade) is really cool and I actually really like it, I don't usually like opening to anime, but I approve of this one.

Minatsuki and Shiro are my favourite characters... Minatsuki because she is a crazy b*tch and Shiro because she's mysterious and I want to cosplay her at some point (I already have the white wig, just need to morph suit... >.<)

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/deadman_wonderland/

No comments:

Post a Comment